Sep 18, 2010

EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW - David Pereira: You must work hard, live the process and create the moment


Amazing in any shape, the spanish artist David Pereira, 20 years old, is definitely on the right path to a succesful career. His art - a mixture of acrobatics, dance and gymnastics - amazed the audiences worldwide. David recently left the Spanish national male gymnastics team and fulfill his dream of becoming an artist and career in showbiz. Starting May, you'll see him performing in Berlin, inWintergarten's future show, Made in Berlin.
David Pereira was so kind to give an exclusive interview to StiriGay.ro.
Tell us something about yourself, your country and your childhood.Vigo is a nice city to live but not interesting at all for me because there aren't places where do what you really feel and want, like to train yourself, to work, etc.
My childhood was normal till I was 12 years old. Then I began studying the classical ballet. I grow up with the music and the art of dance inside of me. Listening to music for me was and still it's like feeling every cell of my body moving, so definitely the day I started to learn dance was magical and the big change in my life. I was in my world.

You give up gymnastics for art. What made you take such a big move in your life?Because I wanted to create emotions with my movements and show to the audience what is my best. I really felt that stage was calling me.
Your work needs hours and hours of practice. Tell us a daily schedule and what are the sacrifices you made for that.Well, in despite of what people think, I have a normal day schedule. The only difference is that I don't live my days in the same city or place everytime
The main "sacrifice" that I have to do is to take special care of my body and health.
We know that you have a deal with Cirque du Soleil. How is the world of circus viewed from the inside?It was an special event. What I can say is that Cirque has very professional people working there, not only artists but an amazing technical team and equipment too.
What are your future projects? When can we see you performing here, in Romania?I will start living in Berlin for the next months. My next contract will be in Wintergarten, also in Berlin, since May till September 2010. About Romania, who knows? Maybe soon!
David PereiraNow we want to enter a bit in the world of David Pereira, the man not the artist. Are you in a relationship or single?I am single and very happy.
Do you have time for personal life? What do you like most? One of your true delights?Yes, sure, I have time for me but as I said before, I'm always in different places so I can't for example be in a school of dance learning more time or study something. That's the only problem I think.
Have a lot of fun with good people around is an amazing feeling, I love it! Good food or sleep, I love them both.
What is the positive side of David, the man? And the negative one?Positive: I know and I do live the life. Moments, for me are everything.
Negative: I am very exigent with people and also with myself.
Are there any moments when you feel trully alone?Normally no, because I'm always surrounded by good people.
What are your future plans? Where do you see yourself in the future?I want to do advertising, start to dance hard again, study something... But everything has it's moment and everything will arrive. All you have to do is work hard, live the process and create the moment.
In the future, I see myself as a director/choreographer in a big world agency, creating big tours, circus creations, tv, advertising... That's what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment