Sep 18, 2010

SPECIAL: Shakira, drag queen: I managed to be ME in my dear small country

Despite all the homophobia and mean stuff, Shakira manages to say about him that he is a happy person, that he feels good in Romania and that life offered him enough to consider himself a lucky man. He learned to survive in a jungle that hates you only because you dare to be different.
With the drag queens group, he was sensational and if at the beginning they were only a freak show, thru artistic quality they changed the preconceived image about themselves. They were adored by gays and straight as well, they performed in gay clubs as well as in clubs that you'll never said a drag queen will ever enter.

But who's hiding behind the drag? A man is the main answer. Ok, but what's hiding behind the man? If you think a little you'll realise that not the clothes or the glam make-up makes him feel like a woman but he considers like that. What is hiding there where even the words are hard to tell, we'll find out straight from Shakira. StiriGay.ro invited her to tell us, in a small interview, about the person that's hiding behind the man.
ShakiraHe feels good in his skin
"How could I begin if not telling you that I am Lucian. I could be anybody, Marius, Mihai or even you, the one that reads these lines. I could be ME if I was born in another era or another country. But I was born here and I'm happy with what I accomplished. I'm not complaning because I managed to be ME even here in my dear small country, a simple man, with good or bad things, sometimes impulsive or forgiver or happy, a drag that feels good in his skin."
Time is the same everywhere
"Until recently I lived in Bucharest and everybody knows me, yes, it's me, Shakira. I used myself very hard with the traffic and speed of the city. At my place, in Transylvania, it's quieter and people are more calm that in Bucharest. Recently I moved back at home, in Sfantu Gheorghe. It's a small and beautiful city but you have not so many options to spend time. In the morning I stay and drink my coffee mug. It's not so tireing but it's home and time is the same everwhere."
Love balance is unequal
"In love, I could say I was spoiled and I had the best love stories I could. With passing time, I look behind and from that point of view I feel happy because I received and I offered love even the balance wasn't always equal, sometimes I offered more."
ShakiraAbout the drag show
"With the drag queen shows I made a lot of friends but a lot of enemies too. The society was't accepting always those things but slowly, slowly, slowly..."
Sexual Orientation
"I didn't hide myself and my orientation or what I do because I had special parents and friends that accepted me for who I am. Because of that I consider myself to be a happy person."
What makes you so happy
"As long as you have next to you quality people, and I am not reffering to school diplomas or money but to people with soul, and you are surrounded with friends, you cand consider yourself happy otherwise you can consider ALONE."

No comments:

Post a Comment