Sep 18, 2010

What are you willing to do in order to have a child?

Marriage and children are rights not recognised for gays in most of the countries. Once it will be legalised, the step to normality will be complete but until then it's a lot a work to do. What should they do?
To lie, to pretend they are straight, to fool a girl to make them a child? To do a deal with a lesbian and make their dreams come true together? Use the power of money and buy a child from a surogate mother? What is the correct or moral measure? Even more, how normal is to use such scams in order to fulfill a human right?
Today, StiriGay.ro is presenting a case in which reality overcame morality, in Romania. For protection we will use fake names.

Ovidiu is totally gay but wanted a child. He's 45 years old, an accomplished man but with a dream to fulfill.
"I wanted a child because I felt that something is missing. I had everything: career, house, connections but I wasn't complete. I had to do that", told Ovidiu.
"The law doesn't allow to a gay man to have a child but a straight one could have one. I gave an ad in the newspaper. Then I married a girl from Moldova. I payed 10.000 euros plus all the expenses with pregnancy, housing, citizenship, etc. Then Razvan was born. I divorced the girl and she ceased me all maternal rights", confessed the happy father.
The number of gay people using these metods is growing because they need to fulfill their purpose.
Razvan knows that his mother left them for another man. Ovidiu was all this time mother and father to Razvan. Ovidiu's boyfriend was not so delighted about the ideea so they broke up shortly before Razvan was born.
"I haven't tried to met someone new. I don't think it's because of Razvan although he is taking all my time. I just couldn't", said Ovidiu.
They were lucky. The surogate mother continued her life and in the five years that passed she never showed up in their lives.
"I think it wasn't easy for her but she needed the money and she choosed this way to obtain it, that's better than prostitution", concluded Ovidiu.

No comments:

Post a Comment